Thursday, May 25, 2006

1st Round of the Quicksilver Golf Classic

The first round of the tourney is all over and right now I am tied for 39th place after shooting a even par 72. The round started off under a steady rain that stayed with me until the 5th hole. I was going really well playing at 1 under par through 11 holes, when I ran into some problems at the 12th hole. After my tee shot I had about 50 yards into the green in a fairway bunker, which is not the shot that I was looking for. For my second shot I proceded to hit the ball about 80 yards instead of 50 and almost hit it out of bounds. When I finally found my ball I was in a world of trouble, I was short sided with a limited back swing and a bad lie. I tried to do the best that I could with what I had to work with, I hit the ball about half way between the green and where I was still leaving myself a difficult up and down for a boggie. I hit a so-so flop shot up on the green to about 12 feet, but missed the putt and made double boggie. I had a good bounce back making a birdie on the next hole and then finished off the round with 5 straight pars to shoot even par for the day. Now I just have to go out there tommorow and play the way I know I can play and make the cut, not only that but put myself in contention. To answer your question Jeff I play the next qualifier on monday June 5th In Rockville, Maryland. I will update tomorrow when the round is over, which should be around 8:00 eastern. My tee time is at 1:42 so be praying for me. Thank you

2 comments:

John and Daisy said...

We're praying for you Joe. You're going to do a great job...

John & Daisy

Anonymous said...

Congradulations Joe! It seems like things are comming around for you. That's awsome. I'm on my way up to our cabbin for 5 days of nothing but fishing and relaxing. Need to pick up a few more sponsors for the rest of the season. I appears as though I will not be seeing you guys until probably the VA event. Best of luck to you guys. And please send a hello to the guys for me. Steve,Holt,Arran,Tommy,Double D, and the rest of the clan. Take care, safe road trippin and God Bless!

Eric B.
P.S. I'll take care of that Joe the next time I see you, maybe sooner. I have not forgot.