Sunday, March 25, 2007

First Monday Qualifier

On the road again, back out living out of the old RV. The first qualifier was tough, I had just finished driving across the United States (not hitting a golf ball for 5 days) and then try to step up with two days practice and play good. Well that's not what happened, it is a tough course playing at 7,400 yards with a 25 mph wind the entire day. I played pretty good on the front nine making bogey on the 9th hole to shoot one over, but hit a bad streak on 10,11, and 12 going bogey, double bogey, and bogey. That was really tough on me mentally being even par after the 8th hole and then after the 12th hole I was 5 over par. That is pretty close to where I finished up, 78, but it really helped me to get back in the swing of things. I am getting ready for the next Monday qualifier, which is tomorrow, feeling very confident with where my mental game is and my swing. I feel like I have gotten a lot of the rust off and now am ready to play some golf to the standard that I hold myself to. Please keep me in your prayers, for safe travel and that I would play to my best abilities, but also that God would continue to use me to impact the lives of other golfers out here. I really feel like God has put me in a position in a lot of peoples lives to share the gospel with them and let Him change their lives for his glory.

Thank You,
Joe

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the update!