Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Last Two Weeks

In the past two weeks I have done 4 qualifiers and have missed all four of them. Two of them have been Nationwide Monday qualifiers and the other two were Hooters tour Tuesday qualifiers. I would have the Nationwide qualifier, finish that and then have to drive 3 hours to the next location and play the Hooters tour qualifier the next morning. Lets just say I was making it very hard for me to make it into the Hooters event. Both Nationwide qualifiers I played well in, the first one I shot 71 (-1) but missed making it by a couple of shots. The second Nationwide qualifier I shot 75 (+4), which was a really good score. The weather was terrible that day, the wind was blowing between 35 and 40 mph so my score of 75 was not that bad only missing that one by a couple of shots as well. Both of the Hooters qualifiers I did not play to well. The first one was at a course that I played last year, but because of the Nationwide qualifier I didn't get to play a practice round before my round this year. The course was no different, the greens were a lot better than they were last year but besides that the course was the same. I came out and struggled around the course shooting a 74 (+2) to miss the qualifier by 4 shots. My friend Holt that has been staying with me in the RV the last couple of weeks made it through the qualifier so I ended up caddying for him in the tournament. Then for the second Hooters Tour qualifier I came to the course straight from the Nationwide qualifier not playing a practice round exhausted from the day before and struggled through the front nine shooting 3 over par, I started out the back nine making birdie on 10 and 12 to get it back to 1 over par for the round. I figured that if I was able to come in at even par or better I would make it through the qualifier. The next hole I ended up 3 putting from 65 feet to go back to 2 over, still though I had both par 5's left on the back nine so if I birdied both of them I would finish at even par. The 14th hole is a par 5 dogleg left with hazard all down the left on the inside of the dogleg. I pulled my drive into the hazard and made a double bogey on that hole to fall back to 4 over par. When this happened I knew it was over, I let up just a little bit on my mental game and made a double bogey on the next hole, then I finished the last three making one birdie and one bogey to shot 78 (+6) to miss that qualifier as well. Next on the schedule I am off to McCormick South Carolina to play in the next Monday qualifier for the Hooters Tour. I feel that in my trying to do both the Nationwide qualifiers and the Hooters qualifiers I was making it very difficult on myself to make either one, so from no on I will not be doing any more Nationwide qualifiers until I am exempt into the Hooters events.

No comments: