Friday, April 21, 2006

Another missed cut, But I'm coming Home

Hello all, thank you for taking part in my adventure by reading my posts and commenting here on my blog. Today was the second round of the first major of the year. Again I am sorry to inform you that I missed the cut. There was a 2 hour fog delay during the first round play so my tee time was pushed back to 4:00. So you can imagine that I didn't get to finish my round, we finished 13 holes on Thursday and had to come back this morning and finish our first rounds. We had to be at the course and ready to tee off by 8:15, I played my last five holes and then immediately had to turn around and start my second round. I shot a 75(+3) in the first round and shot a 78(+6) in the second round. Man was I tired after the completion of my second round, my last few holes I could feel it getting to me making some bad swings in those last holes. I feel that I am learning more and more about my own game, but also about how to survive out here on tour. I am so close to breaking through to the next stage where I am consistently posting scores under par. I am starting to hit the ball great, hitting more fairways and greens than I ever have before. With some work on my putting during the two weeks off I really feel that I could come back after the break and start playing some good golf. Tomorrow I have the opportunity to do some testing for the USGA at the course where the tournament is at. They will be paying me $100 an hour to hit balls for them with wedges with different grooves out of a couple different lies. After that Steve and I will begin our journey to Chicago where the next event is after a two week break. We will leave tomorrow in the afternoon and try to get as far as we can. I have decided that its been long enough so I will be flying home on Wed. The 26th and be home in Newbury Park for 9 days going back to Chicago on the 5th of May. I would love to see as many of you guys as I can, so please contact me if you would like to see me during my stay at home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe - maybe I can make a weekend out of it if your not too busy. Be fun to see old NP again - I didnt make it up there after Jilaa's wedding.

Sarah said...

I want to see you! I know we're going to get to see you on Saturday for Mom's B-day. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

JOE!

We are so glad that you are home. We had a lot of fun with you on Thursday! Thanks for all the help moving yesterday I hope you aren't too sore. That was a CRAZY move! Well, hope to see you again before you leave but if not know that we look forward to reading your updates and we'll miss you. Talk to you soon and thanks for the comment :) - John & Daisy

Anonymous said...

joe!!!
i am so sad. you are home and i am not!
i really do miss you so much. but i hope the south is treating you well. and you are eating at plenty cracker barrels and waffle houses (i LOVE cracker barrel biscuts!. in fact my parents just visited florida and mailed me 4 biscuts because i have withdrawals)

Continue with diligence at that game you play. (i try to understand it but it makes no sense to me!)

i miss you, again, and i look forward to seeing you at some point (or one day on tv for golf, then i can point you out to the guys i currently live with and brag)

- kiki