Friday, April 14, 2006

Getting closer, but not there yet

Another missed cut, but one step closer. I am starting to shoot some better scores, bringing me all that much closer to making the cut. This week I shot even par 72 on Thursday (yesterday), which put me tied for 43rd. (by the way the top 60 and ties make the cut) So Friday (earlier today) I gave myself a chance to make the cut by playing well the day before, I ended up shooting a 75 which didn't make the cut. The cut ended up being at -1 for the two days and I finished at +3. So far my best performance this year, although I am still disappointed to have missed the cut, I am excited to see the improvement in my game and the steps I am taking to grow as a better golfer. Next week is the first major of the year in McCormick, South Carolina. I am thrilled to get to the next tournament and try it again. I will be leaving tomorrow morning to do the 5 to 6 hour drive to the next tournament. After this next tournament I have a two week break which I have not figured out what I am going to do. The tour starts back up just outside of Chicago the week of May 8th. I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend celebrating the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus and what he has done for us. Please pray for me for safety on the road and that I would be doing this to honor and glorify God and not myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe,
Glad to hear that your game is improving Joe. Hope that your trip was safe to South Carolina! Easter was great and the group is going up to Lake Tulloch in Northern Cali. on a retreat. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,
John & Daisy Cox
(and all of Frontline)

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe,

Just a quick note. Great to hear how things are going! We miss you here at EvFree, but are excited that you are seeing improvement! (By the way, I'm still pickin' envious of the winnebago life!)

Hang in there! Praying for you...
your brother in Christ
Chris Bruynzeel
EvFree

Sarah said...

Awesome Joe! I'm proud of you. I can't wait to see you.